Accounts Payable (AP) ensures invoices for goods/services are properly processed according to all applicable University rules and regulations. Effective May 2022, Finance Service Delivery is responsible for Iowa State University (ISU) accounts payable processing, which includes:
- Processing payments of invoices authorized by purchase orders and supplier contracts.
- Providing exceptional customer service to faculty, staff, and ISU suppliers.
- Assisting suppliers with inquiries about invoice payment status.
- Assisting suppliers with invoice compliance.
- Requesting and processing credit memos or refunds.
- Ensure prompt payment to maximize available discounts.
- Investigating invoicing or payment errors.
- Assisting departments in settling disputes with a supplier.
- Assisting departments in understanding supplier invoice information.
ISU processes approximately 60,000 purchase orders or supplier contract invoices each fiscal year. Issuing payment to a supplier generally requires a purchase order or supplier contract. Please refer to Procurement and Payment Methods on the Procurement Services Website for information on the procurement process.